1997 Mercury Villager
*** News ***
- 9/17/98, 46,187 miles, replaced with new
'98 Villager. With an ATX
replacement running around $5000, it made sense. Got $9000 trade in
with broken ATX from dealer. (Next time, don't let them know the
transmission is broken!)
- 9/13/98, 46,??? miles, delayed shift out of first gear problem.
- 12/23/96, 33 miles, Purchased.
The price sticker.
John's drawing of the
Villager on the day we decided to trade it in. John will miss
the old car and the "fun adventures" we had. He was very upset
when he found out that we were going to replace it. This picture is
entitled "The Car and Me" drawn on 9/16/98. (click for bigger version)
Death of the Villager, 9/17/98.
Here it is in the Dealer's garage the day we bought the new
one. They pulled it out later so we could get our stuff out.
(click for bigger version)
Related Links and Info
Copyright ©2001, Ted Felix
- Shop Manuals and TSBs can be ordered from Helm, Inc. 1-800-782-4356.
TSB search - Easy to read listings and useful summaries from the DOT
- Government's auto
info site - Listings for TSBs and other literature.
- AllData - More readable literature